Jul 24, 2009

Sex Positions - S/T

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmzmnac05yw

Sex Positions' self-titled and (sadly) only release was something I got AGES ago because they were on Deathwish and was going through this Converge/Power and the Glory binge and it happened to have a cool cover. This band sounds nothing like them, or really any of that early millenial hardcore stuff which at the time turned me off of this and now five years later I realize that these guys were way ahead of their time and really fucking innovative...or at least as innovative as hardcore goes. Sounds like early Every Time I Die without the breakdowns, mixed in with Cursed and progressive soundscapes maybe even some American Nightmare/Unbroken with top notch Kurt Ballou production. A shame that they're so underrated and we won't be getting anything else from them.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Hey, I have some demos from this record. Would you be interested in hearing them? Let me know and I'll up it.

Andrei Gorchakov said...

Hey, I'd love to hear those demos.

Stephen said...

Sorry it took me so long to post these demos, but I had to hunt for the CD.

http://harshdistractions.blogspot.com/2009/09/sex-positions-pre-lp-demos.html

rich p. said...

there's a funny story about those demos. upon hearing them deathwish didn't want to do the LP. they hated them. but ultimately deathwish came around, when other dogs came sniffing around the "shit".